Flowers are great to give as gifts and even to just put in your house in the form of a flower arrangement. They can change the aesthetics of your house and workplace and even put you in a good mood. Because of such benefits, many people purchase flowers on a daily basis. But when choosing flower delivery Singapore many customers do not pay attention to where they are ordering their flowers from. It is always beneficial to buy from a local florist Singapore.
- Transportation: If you buy your flowers locally they will have to travel less and will reach your door smoothly. On top of that you will not have to feel guilty about being behind all those toxic emissions that are a part of using transport vehicles.
- Shelf life: Flowers cut locally might last you longer as compared to those that took a couple of days or weeks to reach you. The flowers that you did not order locally might have already spent some of their shelf life traveling.
- Scent: Flowers produced locally are usually from small production farms, not large commercial farms that trade the fragrance of flowers for a longer shelf life when breeding them for large-scale commercial purposes.
- Local families and communities: Supporting a local florist means supporting local families and production communities that put so much time and energy into running their farm.
- Maintenance: Small local farms mean less managing problems. Since less product is being produced there are fewer pest and disease problems to worry about. This also means the products are healthier.
- Good for the soil: Flower production, especially flower production techniques that use multiple cropping, can prove to be good for your local soil, can conserve its nutrition and can keep it from eroding.
- Benefits to bees and other good insects: Local flower farms can become home to good insects like the bees and mantis, which may even eventually help with pollination for your local garden.
- Changing flowers with changing seasons: Different flowers grow in different seasons. And now you can buy them from a florist to celebrate the change in season, or to gift them to some other locals, rather than growing them yourself.
- Encouraging agriculture and innovation: When you buy from a local florist you encourage florists to maintain their farms, which means you encourage your local agriculture. Moreover, you motivate the florists to practice innovative techniques, which might be beneficial for your local area in the long run.
- Fresh flowers: Buying locally means you get fresh flowers. These will instantly lift your mood and may even bring you closer to nature.
Hopefully, these reasons will make you buy flowers from your local flower delivery Singapore business, rather than buying all those dry, scent-less flowers at such high prices.