It is a tradition to send sympathy flowers to express your condolences in the time of mourning or loss. Flowers or bouquets are considered comforting specially during mourning; they serve as symbol of hope and remind us of the soul of life. Different types of sympathy flowers are easily available at flower delivery Singapore.
Below are a few etiquettes that should be kept in mind while send funeral and sympathy flowers:
- Firstly, it is never too late to send a bouquet or flower arrangement to express your condolences and sympathies. Even if you got to know about the death a little late and funeral services have taken place, it is preferred to send a bouquet of flowers to the surviving members of family.
- It is preferred to send in simple bouquets to express your sympathies. Select bouquets that are delicate and small so that they can easily be displayed near the casket or it can easily be placed near the altar.
- Florist Singapore recommends selecting flowers which have symbolic meaning or have a specific meaning. For example black roses are often given on funerals as they symbolize farewell, mortality and loss.
- Florist online also provide the services of delivering customized flower bouquets or bouquets that are especially designed to be given away on funerals.
- Most people prefer to send solemn and subtle flower bouquets to express their sadness and condolences. But sometimes bright coloured flowers are also be given to symbolize joyful remembrance of the loved one. All types of flowers are easily available at flower shop.
- Some funeral services may last for a longer period of time so ensure to give flowers that stay fresh for long. Select a basket or bouquet that has foam from where they can stay hydrated and fresh.
- You can also give potted flowers or plants to express your sentiments and as a gesture of condolences. Green and blooming plants are given as a lasting tribute to the memories of the deceased loved one.
- It can be difficult to express your sentiments in words on an enclosure card. You can use small phrases like “our prayers are with you” or “deepest sympathies” or “Rest in peace”. Ensure that you add your first and last name on the card as in these times a person cannot keep track of gifts of flowers given. It can help make things easier for the family when arranging flowers. When giving bouquets on behalf of a group ensure that you write everyone’s full name on the card to avoid any kind of confusion and also include the name of the company. Flower delivery Singapore also provides small cards to go with bouquets.
These are a few etiquettes that should be kept in mind while sending sympathy and funeral bouquets.