You might be thinking about opening your own florist business but low profit-making perspectives might be holding you back. Well, we’re here to tell you you’re absolutely wrong. Florist Singapore businesses, especially flower delivery Singapore businesses, can be the most profitable of businesses if managed the right way.
Confused about how to make as much money as possible through your florist business? Just follow these tips given below and you’ll see great results:
- Don’t give any of your flower services for free: Make sure you charge for everything, even the extra flowers you might add to a flower arrangement. Keep your generosity in check and charge for all resources that you provide even your time! As a florist, you might give off a very caring, friendly vibe but you need to remember that you are running a business and should not allow yourself to get trampled upon.
- Research your supplies and suppliers: Sometimes researching price lists from different suppliers can pay off and help you save money. You would be able to buy the most in-demand flowers at the lowest price. Moreover, knowing your cost beforehand will also help you determine prices for your services that will earn you the most profit.
- Don’t just sell flowers: Selling products like candles, home décor items etc., in addition to flowers can help bring in extra profits.
- Teach: Teaching floral classes can help market your business, bring in new customers and make more profits.
- Upsell: You might have your flower delivery Singapore packages in place but you can always make additions to the packages. For example you can send a box of chocolates together with birthday flowers or a wine bottle with a fruit basket.
- Secure monthly or weekly flower deliveries: You can contact restaurants, hotels, shops or other corporations to ask them if they need flowers on a daily or weekly basis. This way you would have a regular source of profit.
- Advertise your flower shop: In addition to your website you can use web-based advertising to make your marketing automated.
- Rent extra space: If you have extra space in your flower shop you can make extra money by renting this extra space.
- Write: You can write different guides for DIY flower arrangements or articles giving flower inspiration and get them published on different magazines and websites. This will publicize your business, increase your customers and help you make a mark as a florist businessman/woman.
- Wire service orders: Analyze and evaluate whether you are making any profits with your wire service orders. If not, it’s better to let go of this area of your business and save the costs to invest in something profitable.
So these are just a few ways you can make money from your flower shop business. These are highly effective and definitely worth a try!