You may have an incomparable love for flowers. You may like looking after them, learning about them and being creative with them. But you also want to make money. Then why not look for money where your hobby is? Yes, you can start a florist Singapore business. This flower delivery Singapore venture started by you will be the perfect combination of your passion for flowers and determination to become an entrepreneur.
Florists in Singapore sell a variety of products ranging from a flower arrangement to even a fruit basket. With so many products and benefits beings offered by different flower delivery Singapore businesses, it is a no-brainer that the competition is high. However, you can still start a business and make a mark in the market. Try the following tips and tricks and you’ll be at the top of the market in no time:
- Plan everything ahead: This may seem like a cliché and your hobbyist self may be telling you that you don’t need to do it but it is crucial. This can make a difference since you will be dealing in perishable goods. Also, you need to plan your supplies as well to make sure you are always well stocked with flowers.
- Gain knowledge and build skills: Staying updated with the trends and techniques in flower arranging, and in the business in general, is always a good idea. So get the training and learn the designing techniques needed to distinguish you from your competitors.
- Handle your human resources smartly: A flower shop business is usually labor intensive. Since labor is going to be used in any case, it may be wise to recruit and manage them smartly. Employ specialized labor for special orders and presentations and leave the rest of the work for regular workers to copy from these special designs. It will keep your costs low, especially if you’re just starting out, and will help keep your business running.
- Don’t forget branding: The first thing you should do after coming up with a business plan is to select a name and logo for your business. The name and logo will come up on all the business cards, brochures and even online. Make sure the name is appealing and the logo aesthetically pleasing.
- Set up your shop: Buy all the resources, material and supplies you need for the shop. Get the necessary permits and re-model if you have to, to make the place look attractive for your customers.
- Marketing: Don’t forget to market, be it on your website, through web-advertising companies or even local business directories
- Bank Accounts and Payments: Keep yourself updated with the latest trends in payment and offer them at your shop. For example, you may need to have an account for credit card payments as they can be really popular in some areas.
Just follow these tips and we promise you, you will have no problems starting and running your very own florist business with ease.