Carnations are considered to be an incredibly popular and dignified flower. They have been used in a variety of ways, including décor at royal weddings and as a corsage for presidential lapels. Professional florists recommend using carnations as they can easily be dyed and paired with any type of flower, allowing for diversity that many people love. When arranged nicely they can make sweet scented, attractive, long lasting bouquets. You can purchase carnations with ease at online florist or order them with flower delivery Singapore.
Varieties Of Carnations
Carnations are easily available in a range of colors. Professional florists advise sticking to similar colored carnation when arranging them in a hand bouquet or flower arrangement. They also suggest ordering a few extra strands of carnations when decorating a wedding or making bridal bouquet.
Here is a list of colors and varieties of carnations that are frequently used:
- Red colored carnation: This type of carnation has a vibrant shade. It is also one of longest lasting varieties of carnations.
- Street purple: This type of carnation is a shade of fuchsia with underlying purple colored petals.
- Burgundy colored carnations: This variety is very popular in the winter. It also has thick leaves that are similar to those found on a peony.
- Pink novelty: This kind of carnation is considered to be an ideal gift for a loved one,
- Purple fancy: This variation has proven to be popular for its regal look and clarity of color.
- Butterfly: This is a purple and pink colored variety of carnation. It has incredible ridges and can last for about 10 days.
Tips For Using Carnations In A Flower Arrangement And Hand Bouquet
- Dramatic effect
Carnations are often used to create a dramatic effect. You can take one stem or blossom and create concentrated circles of more carnation flowers around it. In order to make it look extraordinary cut off any extra leaves and trim them well. Florist Singapore recommends using a glass vase that is squat and wide in shape.
- With red flowers or accessories
One of the favorite color combinations for winter is white and red. To incorporate this popular theme into your décor try pairing white carnations with red roses.
- Using carnations with evergreens
Pairing carnations with evergreens was a popular trend that started in the 70’s and still exists today. It is very famous for its elegant and vintage look. These are just a few of the popular varieties of carnations that are available to you, along with tips on using them in your bouquets and flower arrangements. For more advice, you can try contact flower delivery Singapore.