Flowers can make an appropriate gift for all kinds of occasions and events including; birthdays, anniversaries, funerals, Christmas, weddings, valentine’s day, mother’s day, graduation day and retirement day. Flower bouquets for these occasions can easily be bought at flower shop or ordered from an online florist with the help of flower delivery Singapore. While flowers can be given at a variety of occasions, the etiquette of flower giving may differ depending on the culture of your areas.
Below are a few cultures with details regarding their flower gifting etiquette:
- It is a popular tradition to present flowers or hand bouquets to a student’s mentor or teacher.
- Peonies are one of the most popular flowers in China. Signifying richness, honor and female beauty, they are frequently given as wedding gifts. Interestingly, in Asia gifting potted plants suggest that the recipient’s relationship is limited and destined to end negatively, making them an inappropriate gift for any occasion!
In Russia, a floral basket or flower arrangement is considered to be an inappropriate gift for birthdays though it is a tradition to give an odd number of flowers on a joyous occasion.
- In Russia, people celebrate women’s day by gifting each other red flowers or spring blooms like tulips and hyacinths.
- In Asia, lilies, carnation and roses are considered to be appropriate flowers to give when expressing sympathies at a funeral. These flowers are said to represent the cycle of life. While in Russia it is common to express your sympathy with a yellow flower. For more information you could ask your florist in Singapore for advice.
In England it is a tradition for guests to bring flowers when they are invited for a visit. Though you should be careful about the flowers you choose. White lilies should not be a part of the bouquet as they represent death in European culture while red roses are used to express your romantic feelings for someone.
Similar to Asian culture, Europe has an ancient tradition which leads to [people creating bouquets with an odd number of flowers; though the number of flowers will never be 13, as it is considered to be an unlucky number.
- Americans often give flowers as Christmas gifts to their friends, loved ones relatives.
- Florist Singapore suggests that when ordering roses for an American recipient, you should go for a bouquet of peach, pink white and yellow roses.
In South Africa flowers are frequently exchanged on Christmas while in Egypt they are either given as gifts at weddings or to express your sympathies at funerals.
Try to keep these etiquettes in mind when giving out flowers, you don’t want to offend anyone! If you’re in doubt, feel free to ask flower delivery Singapore for some advice.