You might be the kind of person who enjoys spending quality time at home with friends and family, and does not enjoy office work or desk jobs. However, at the same time, you might also be an ambitious person who dreams of being an entrepreneur and is madly in love with flowers. You might think being an entrepreneur requires you to leave your beloved house and go out in the real world. You might be having a tough time reconciling your goals with your comfort zone. But you don’t need to worry one bit. If you’re looking to start a florist Singapore or flower delivery Singapore business from home, then you have come to the right place!
Florists in Singapore offer a wide variety of flower arrangement, hand bouquet, birthday flowers and might even sell a fruit basket! Flowers are a favorite when it comes to gift giving throughout the year. This means that a florist business, even if you’re starting from home, can be highly profitable if managed creatively and empathetically.
Here is a list of easy steps you can follow to start your business from home:
- Learn about flowers and how to take care of them: You can take up classes, search the internet or read books. There’s plenty of material that can teach you how to make flower arrangements, look after and maintain flowers etc. Or you can become a part of your local florist community to learn from the experts and hobbyists themselves.
- Develop a niche: Focusing on and selling to a niche might prove to be profitable for a business especially when you have many competitors. You can for example sell eco-friendly products only or you can sell flowers only for certain special occasions.
- Make sure you clear your home to make enough space for all your supplies and other materials: If you’re working from home and plan to send all deliveries or sell flowers from your home, you will need to be able to set out a place at your home as a shop. Or you may need to clear an area to make a workplace in case you just intend on focusing on just flower deliveries.
- Gather your resources: Buy your flowers wholesale as well as any other vases, baskets, coolers or materials you need. You might also need to obtain permits and transportation licenses for your business.
- Come up with innovative and attractive services/packages for your business. You need to make sure your services have a distinctive edge over that of your competitors.
- Market your business: Use coupons, ads in magazines, your website and even local business directories to your benefit and market your services as much as you can among your target audience.
So if you plan on becoming an entrepreneur and are held back by your love for your humble abode then waste no more time! Follow these steps and start your own flower delivery Singapore business from home.