Hydrangeas are fragrant and beautiful flowers. They are also fussy and demand great attention and care in the winters in order to grow well in the upcoming spring season. These flowers bloom from the buds of the previous year, it gets vital to prepare your plant for the cold weather. If you don’t take proper care, these flowers won’t bloom at the right time. To have well nourished flowers, you could get them delivered from flower delivery Singapore. Some tips to get them ready for the cold weather are as following:
- Trim the dried branches. It’s essential to cut just the branches that have dried and let the ones that are healthy grow further otherwise you will end up cutting its buds. The plant will not blossom again next spring if you are not careful. The dead branches are usually at the bottom of the plant.
- Form a boundary around your hydrangea plant with planks of wood. If the area you live in doesn’t have much snow, then go for putting the thin planks right next to the branches of the plant.
- Put those planks together with a wire wrapped around it so that it holds them together, making the frame firm.
- The base should be filled with leaves, mulch or pine needles. You bury the planks at least 6 inches below the ground, this way it will protect the plant from the cold weather. Some of the plant experts hold the opinion that oak leaves work wonderfully at insulating hydrangea plant. Oak leaves do not settle as fast as other plants throughout the winters. If an oak tree is present make sure you store the leaves for its beneficial purposes.
- Check florist online and get ideas about different ways the plant is used like as birthday flowers. These flowers can also be placed in a fruit basket in order to decorate it.
The preparation time for the plant depends completely upon where you live and its weather conditions. Be careful about the fact that next year’s buds grow before the actual winter comes and that time is different for every area.
With these you have to be careful that you do not snap off its tips or ends, otherwise you will not have the same results as you will be expecting in the winters next time. Flower delivery Singapore will leave you out of all the hassle by delivering the plant to your doorstep.
After the first frost the best thing for its protection will be to bring the pot inside. If they are not that strong to be moved then covering the plant completely will be the best option. Take further advice from florist Singapore.