Although people prefer to buy flowers from larger enterprises due to a brand name, and guarantee of quality, there is a need to support local businesses, and especially florists. In terms of flower delivery Singapore is home to hundreds of small and local flower shops. For any local florist Singapore is home, and a flower shop is a family business earning them a livelihood. Here is a list of reasons why it is important for you to support your local florist.
- For companies involved in flower delivery Singapore is important, because many of their wholesalers and growers are located here. These companies are usually corporate giants and multinationals which earn millions of dollars in profits each year. These companies exploit the flower growers and florists who are in business with them, where they get compensation just enough to cover their costs.
- Your local florist, contrary to popular belief, can provide you with the best value for your money. They keep a very small profit margin to cover costs, and thus give you the best flowers your money can buy. These smaller florists are able to get you the exact quality you may want, and because you are important to them, they usually go to great lengths to deliver to you the best they can get. They bring to you the freshest flowers, since they grow locally as well.
- Although corporate giants may give you the opportunity to customize your order, it is often seen that the order you receive is much different than the one you may wish. Local florists can give you much more attention and can take time out to arrange a hand bouquet especially for you. Since they usually do this while you’re still in the shop, they can offer their advice for the best combinations, which may help.
- Ordering birthday flowers, a wedding bouquet or even a gift basket from a local florist is convenient and much cheaper than ordering from a larger multinational. In many cases, the flowers that arrive through these larger services are often observed to be wilted and not as fresh as promised.
- Supporting a local florist can actually help your economy, because these small retailers and local businesses contribute a large chunk in government taxes, and reduce the pressure on resources by creating employment. These businesses are perhaps the backbone of an economy such as that of Singapore, preventing unemployment, and diverting the resources and tax contributions towards the development of the economy rather than welfare payments.
It is essential that local florists are supported by buying flowers and other products from them every now and then, rather than relying on these larger corporations to deliver the same level of quality in a similar price.