A baby shower is basically a pre-celebration where all the loved ones of the parents to participate and they bring gifts both for the mommy to be and also for the little angel.
At every baby shower party, one thing that is observed the most and also which is in trend is the diaper cake which is also used as a centerpiece.
The benefit of this diaper cake is not only it is aesthetically pleasing but at the same time it is considered as the perfect gift for the new mommy because the new parents cannot get enough of diapers.
You can also customize the diaper cake according to the theme of the baby shower party by simply enhancing the toppers and tiers of the cake.
Although you can find many amazingly designed diapers in the market but if you really want to give it an emotional touch or if you are low in budget and want to have something reasonable yet stylish and good looking then you can make diaper cake at home all by yourself.
You just need to have the stuff required and you are good to go. If you are wondering that how to make diaper cake at home then in this blog I will tell you all the tricks and tips and you can easily follow these easy steps and make your diaper cake without spending money.
So what are you waiting for let’s start!!
Diapers that you should use
Ok so before you start you really need to decide that which diapers and what size you need in order to make the cake because there are so many varieties available in the market that it gets overwhelming to decide or finalize one.
So the first thing you need to do is always get a larger size of the diaper because it has been observed that babies quickly grow out of size 1 diapers and the new mommies mostly receive size 1 in their baby gift hamper.
So always get size 2, 3 or even 4.
Then either use plan white diapers or look for patterned diapers in order to match the overall color scheme.
There are many patterned cute looking diapers available in the market which can really add the much-needed aesthetic to the overall diaper cake.
Choosing base for the diaper cake
Ok so once you decide the size and also type of diaper the next thing is to choose the base of the cake. You definitely need a strong base in order to build the cake and this is important especially if you want to send it to the baby shower party or to the new mommy’s place.
So below are some of the cake base ideas that you can choose
Charger: For this type any melamine or plastic charger can make a strong base. These are sold at any craft store so you can easily visit them and get the charger for your cake.
Tiered cake stand: If you want to transport the cake in one piece then this can be best combined or pair up with a cake board. The good thing about this type of base is it makes really awesome presentation in the baby shower party.
How many diapers are needed to make the cake?
So this completely depends on the size of the cake that you are making and also on how many layers you want to make. If you want to make a bigger cake then you need more diapers.
One thing you should also keep in mind is that the size of the cake that you are making will be affected by the size of the diapers you are using like 2, 4 or 6.
What do you need?
These are the supplies that you need in order to make the cake!
- Rubber bands
- File bands to wrap around the bottom tiers
- 1 cake base
- Lotion, wrapping paper cardboard tube and paper towel
- Decoration materials
- Glue sticks
Instructions for assembly
- Roll up a diaper and tie it with the help of a rubber band and repeat this step for all the other diapers
- In the center of the cake base, you need to place a bottle of shampoo or lotion. If you don’t have these then you can also use an empty paper towel or a wrapping paper tube.
- Start with one layer of rolled up diapers just around the bottle of lotion or shampoo. You really need to secure each of the diaper with the help of a rubber band.
- Then go for the second one just at the top of the first one, try to reduce the size by one full round of diapers. Then repeat the third layer and more if you want to.
- If by now your diapers look like a tiered cake then you are ready for the decoration.
Decorating ideas for diaper cake
You need three decorations items for the cake
- Ribbons: This is the most common thing to use but if you want to be creative you can add wrapping papers or rolled-up blankets.
- Cake topper: If you want to make the cake look more finished then add something at the top of the cake.
- Embellishments: These are important to give that amazing look to your cake. For decorations, you can use silk flowers, paper flowers, or even ribbons. Make sure that these items match with the theme of the party.
Ok so now you know about all the essentials of making a diaper cake at home next time if you are invited to a baby shower party then don’t forget to make one and amaze everyone at the party.