Funerals flowers perform an essential role in a funeral. They consider it as a tribute to the deceased and also add decoration, fragrance, and beauty to the funeral service. These flowers symbolize love and sympathy which is why it is usually given to express your condolences to the family of the deceased. In ancient times, flowers are used anoint the body of the dead while aromatic blooms are used as decorations.
How to Express Your Condolences with these Funeral Flowers?
Flowers are common to important events. However, they are not only used during happy occasions but you can also see flowers during a funeral. Sending flowers can also be considered the best way to show your sympathy to the family of the deceased. It is important for you to know what types of flowers suit the situation if you don’t want to offend people. Remember that this is a serious moment for the grieving family so it is best that you ask help from a florist in Singapore because they know what types of flowers to send on a funeral such as the following.
- Lilies – This type of flower has a strong aroma and is normally seen in a funeral. Lilies signify that the soul of the deceased had reached the state of innocence and peace. They also believed that these flowers were used to cover the tomb of the Virgin Mary. Lilies also symbolize the radiance of the soul, virginity, and purity.
- Roses – This is a popular and common flower used in funerals the same as lilies. However, it is important for you to know that the colors of roses represent different meanings. Sending roses in deep red suits a funeral because it expresses grief and love. On the other hand, if you want to say thank you to the deceased then you can simply look for roses in dark pink. You can mix roses with other types of flowers or you can use it for wreaths, standing spray, and casket spray.
- Orchids – This type of orchid flower has its universal meaning and that is “I will always love you.” The good thing about orchids is that they can last for a longer period of time which makes them perfect for a funeral.
- Chrysanthemums – The meaning of this flower differs from different places. In fact, even the colors of this flower also have an effect on its meanings. White mums represent innocence while red mums signify love.
- Carnations – If you want to send a funeral wreath, then carnations are common for this type of arrangement. Just like other types of flowers, the meaning of carnations differs according to its color. White carnations symbolize innocence while the red ones represent affection. Pink carnations are perfect for funerals because it is believed to come from the tears of the Virgin Mary.
- Hyacinth – This type of flower is normally combined with other blooms. It also has different meanings such as deep anguish and rashness. It is also linked to games and sports.
- Hydrangea – This flower symbolizes deep emotions. The plant version of hydrangea can last long just like peace lilies.
- Gladioli – This is a type of flower that can grow up to 4 feet. It is also known as the sword lily and produces multiple flowers. Gladioli represent the moral and integrity of the deceased.
Why Do People Send Funeral Flowers?
The idea of giving flowers to the grieving family had started in the ancient civilization wherein people use herbs, flowers, and natural plants. They even look for fragrant flowers to decorate the burial area and also to add scent to the place. Nowadays, sending condolence wreath flowers is considered to be the best way to express sympathy to the family of the deceased. It shows how important the departed is to you and you want to thank him with all the memories that you have had with each other. You don’t even have to worry about sending flowers to a funeral no matter how far the funeral area is because you can easily look for a florist near the place who will give the flowers. It is very convenience to take advantage of ordering flowers from an online florist because they can handle the flower delivery at a reasonable cost.
What to Consider When Looking for Funeral Flowers?
Though sending funeral flowers is not something that you have to prioritize when someone you know passed away, still, this is an important thing that you cannot just set aside. With lots of flowers that you can choose from, you have to be aware of the flowers that should be sent to a funeral. These flowers can be the best way for you to honor the memories of the departed. So if ever that you need to send funeral flowers, then listed below are some points for you to consider.
- You have to decide what type of arrangements you want for the funeral. You can choose from a wreath, standing spray, or a cross-shaped arrangement.
- You have to be aware of the common funeral flowers that you can ask from a florist online.
- It is important for you to know where the florist will send the flowers. You have to provide them with the exact details like the address of the funeral area.
- It is advisable that you order the flowers right away especially if it involves a more elaborate arrangement.