There is more to Baby’s breath flowers than just a small innocent flower. A Sincere Flower Delivery of Baby’s Breath, whether it is sent to your loved ones as a bouquet or as filler to any flower arrangements, is a special flower gift because of its symbolism and meaning. Here are 10 things about this flower that you should know according to our Expert Florist:
- There are more than 35 species of Baby’s Breath or Gypsophila and some of them are perennials while some are annual flowering plants. They are usually found in any flower shop arranged in lovely bouquets of flowers.
- Baby’s Breath flowers can be found in the areas of Australia, Africa, Asia, Europe, and Pacific regions. A special hand bouquet of this flower is common and local to these places.
- Baby’s Breath has a scientific name of Gypsophila. This word comes from the Greek words ‘gypsos’ and ‘philos’ which means ‘gypsum’ and ‘loving.’ It is believed and studied that this type of flower grows and blooms well on gypsum soil.
- Baby’s Breath, as a Gypsophila, is a part of the Caryophyllaceae family, the family of Carnations. They also come in white, pink, and purple colors.
- Baby’s Breath is also known to native regions as ‘soap root’ flower or ‘chalk plant.’ This type of flowering plant grows from seeds. The florist commonly sells seeds of Baby’s Breath.
- The flower can be grown at home in the garden, backyard, or as an indoor plant in the pots. Depending on the species and type of soil, they can grow up to 90 centimeters high.
- Baby’s Breath flowers are most common during the spring and summer seasons. You can send a beautiful flower arrangement of this flower all year round, though, but the prices may vary.
- The flowers of Baby’s Breath are used by the florist online not only for the bouquets and floral designs but also for decorative purposes. Any arrangement will look fanciful and dainty when added with this type of flower.
- Some of the species of this flower type are edible and some of them were used for medicinal purposes. In native lands, this plant is believed to have healing benefits.
- Baby’s Breath in other parts of the world is considered as invasive weeds while to some, they are used for commercial gifting and decorating purposes.
With these interesting things about Baby’s Breath, sending them a baby breath bouquet on the next occasion will be more meaningful.