It is not always easy to find the right words to say to offer comfort and bring smile to someone who is sick. If a friend, family member, or relative is recovering from sickness or operation, you have to be careful with words because you will never want to say something insensitive and inappropriate. Fortunately, there are plenty of warm and encouraging quotes and messages here to help you say and express your thoughtful gesture. Whether it is a serious health problem or it is a minor operation, you can get ideas in sending your get-well wishes and prayers for quick recovery.
What to Write in a Get Well Card?
Most get-well cards already have the quotes written on its page but you can still write your own words of inspiration. Writing in a get-well card may require you to be personal. You don’t have to write long and a whole lot of things in the card but you can write short and simple personal messages meant to inspire someone to feel better.
What to say to someone who is very ill?
Kind words to someone who is very ill are sure to bring smile and happy thoughts. You can use get well quotes and comforting words to offer encouragement. It is fine to borrow phrases and messages from famous authors. The main goal is to remind them that they are in your thoughts and prayers as they go through tough times as this. Here are some of the get well soon messages and quotes:
Classic Get Well Soon Message
Short and meaningful classic get well wishes never ran out of style. Sometimes, the most thoughtful way of showing your heartfelt wishes is through the short but sweet classic get well quotes.
- Thinking of you and wishing you speed recovery!
- Get well soon! We miss seeing you around.
- Hope you feel a little better every day!
- Sending you good vibes and cheers as you find new strength for each new day!
- Hugs and love to you for a speedy recovery!
- I am confident that you will be better really soon!
Get Well Soon Funny Messages
For someone ill but you know will appreciate some funny quotes, writing him or her messages with a little humor is a great way to make him smile. However, be careful not to send offending words. Funny get well soon wishes will make any person ill happy during their illness and hospital stay.
- You are indeed irresistible! See? Even germs like you. Get well soon!
- Hope you are going to use your superpowers today and get well soon!
- I brought you some chocolates but the doctor said you are not allowed to eat them. So, will you get well soon, or else I will eat them all?
- You really like the limelight focused on you, don’t you? Well, you did a great job. Everyone’s attention is on you. We wish you good health and fast recovery. Get well now, buddy!
Popular Get Well Quotes
Using popular get well quotes to wish someone ill a healthier and speedy recovery is a way of showing thoughtfulness. These quotes will surely help you get started with your get well wishes and messages. Pick the best and send your friend inspiring get well wishes:
- The treatment is really a cooperative of a trinity — the patient, the doctor and the inner doctor.” —Ralph Bircher
- “The best of healers is good cheer.” —Pindus
- “For sleep, riches and health to be truly enjoyed, they must be interrupted.” —Johann Paul Friedrich Richter
- “With time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown.” —Chinese Proverb
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” —M. Kathleen Casey
- “I enjoy convalescence. It is the part that makes illness worthwhile.” —George Bernard Shaw
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” —Theodore Roosevelt
- “There is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” —Voltaire
- “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” —Hubert Humphrey
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sincere Get Well Soon Messages for Boss
Getting sick is one of the unavoidable parts of life that even your most conscientious boss is not exempted from being sick. Sending your boss warm wishes for speedy recovery is a way of showing your respect.
- We were so sorry to hear that you’ve been unwell. You are in our thoughts as you get back on your feet.
- I hope this message lets you know that we care for you and we are thinking of you. Wishing you better health!
- Sending you sunshine to brighten your day and warm wishes for a speedy recovery!
- Work has been so boring without you here! We all can’t wait to have you back, so please get well soon!
- Recovery is a process. It takes time, it takes patience, and it takes everything you’ve got. Take the recovery slowly – we want you to be as good as, if not better than before!
- I am very grateful that you are my boss. Best wishes for your healthy body and a better future ahead. I miss you and wish you quick recovery.
- I am very sorry sir to hear that you are feeling unwell. Wish you a quick recovery and good health! We are praying for you.
Caring Get Well Soon Message for Colleague
When colleagues and co-workers get sick, it is nice to show kindness and wish them good health and fast recovery form illness. It is important to choose a card and write the right words of encouragement to get better soon.
- I hope you being well cared for and comfortable and hoping you feel 100% better soon!
- I wish you a quick and fully recovery. We are looking forward to seeing you real quick again and back in shape.
- I’m wishing you the very best during your recovery and that this time helps you to recuperate and re-energize. Get well soon!
- The office isn’t nearly as fun or productive without you, please feel better soon and come back to us.
Words of Encouragement for Sick Person
Simple but sincere kind words are all you need to say to encourage someone and make the day a little brighter, especially if a person is not feeling well or went through a major operation. Words of encouragement will be a token that will help them feel better in no time.
- Whatever makes you feel better, that’s what I wish for you as you work through your physical therapy.
- Tough times never last but tough people do! Get well soon!
- Hope it will not be long until you get out of the hospital. Praying for your speedy recovery!
- Wishing you well! We hope that you are taking it slow and easy right now.
- I’m sure you will be up to your old tricks again in no time!
- May you find strength in family and friends around you! Get well soon!
Get Well Wishes after Surgery
It’s hard for anyone to go through surgery and come back again stronger than ever. But with family and friends around, things can be a little better. If you know someone recovering after a surgery, sending them your prayers and messages can be helpful.
- I know that it is hard being laid up after surgery, but I’m sure you are going to come back stronger than ever. Get well soon, my friend!
- Wishing you a full and fast recovery from the surgery! We are here waiting for you to get back in shape again. Let us know if you need help in anything.
- Sending you our love and prayers for speedy recovery. We heard that you are doing well after surgery.
- Surgery is a tough experience but getting through it will surely improve your quality of life in the end. I hope you are in better shape now. We can’t wait to see you back in your normal daily routine.
- I am happy to hear that you are now doing fine after surgery. I know that you are a tough person. Get well soon!
Prayer Message for a Sick Friend
Words that will encourage and comfort a sick friend are not hard to find. You just have to say your sincere prayers and inspire the person to be positive in life.
- I pray that all your wishes get granted and you live a healthy life ahead. Get well soon, my friend!
- It is my prayer that the Almighty God bestows all His blessings upon you so that you get well faster. Get well soon!
- You are remembered in my prayers as you go through this illness. May God bring you good health and fast recovery!
- Praying for God’s miraculous healing and for your speedy recovery! Please get well soon!
- Doctors do their best to make you feel better, but it is God who heals. Prayers for you as you get well soon and recover fast from sickness!
Warm Get Well Soon Messages for Friend
It feels bad to hear that a friend is sick, and to help make him or her feel better, sending your warm wishes and get-well messages for a friend is the right thing to do.
- Being ill can feel so unfair, but I hope you know how many people are out there thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. I know I am! Feel better soon, my friend.
- May you bounce back to your usual self soon! I wish you a speedy and full recovery!
- Recovery is hard work—but you’re not alone. Not a day goes by that you aren’t thought of and wished well. Get well soon!
- Sending you warm wishes of good health and speedy recovery! Get better now and get back to your amazing self.
- Warmest wishes to a dear friend who is recovering from sickness. May you feel the warmth of the sunshine and feel the energy to get back in shape again!
Tender Get Well Soon Messages for Loved Ones and Family
Your loved ones and family will surely feel better when they read your tender get well soon messages. Bring a smile on their faces with your tender get-well wishes and heartfelt messages.
- Hoping you feel better soon and just ask if you need anything. I’ll always be there for you.
- The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart. We’re right here with you. Get well soon and never lose hope!
- Sending you all my love and prayers. Hoping you feel better and get back to your old self soon!
- The world is blue without you. I hope you recover soon so you can fill my world with light again!
- Please get well the soonest! Your absence has brought sadness in my heart. May you feel my warmest thoughts as you recover fast from this sickness!
Religious Get Well Wishes and Verses
A great way to encourage someone who is sick is to add religious get-well quotes and verses from the Bible. The word of God provides comfort to a disheartened soul and a light to a gloomy heart.
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
- Call unto Me, and I will answer thee and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3
- It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. Psalm 28:7
- He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Isaiah 40:29
- Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. James 5:14-15
Get Well Soon Christian Message
For Christians, sickness is God’s way of fulfilling His plans. As someone goes through sickness, Christian messages and get-well prayers are comforting.
- May God keep your smile bright like always. Get well soon.
- With the love of Almighty and your loved ones, no harm will be caused to you. Get well soon, dear.
- I am astonished to see your fearlessness in this hard time. You are a very brave soul, without any doubt. May you get speed recovery!
- May God envelop you with great well-being and quality so you’ll be in a good place again! Get well soon, dear!
- Praying for your fast recovery. May you feel God’s presence and the certainty of His love today! Get well soon!