Celebrating different occasions will surely require you to order flowers from the best florist in Singapore. You can consider it as a gift to someone dear to your heart and you can also use it to decorate the venue. One memorable occasion wherein you will surely need a bunch of flowers is on Christmas Day. Christmas Flowers can make the occasion livelier and transform your home into heaven.
Common Flowers Used in Christmas Day
There is a wide selection of flowers that you can use as decorations on Christmas Day. You have to keep in mind that you should go for flowers that are in season and affordable if you want to ease your worries when doing the preparation. Listed below are some of the common Christmas flowers that you can see find in the Florist Singapore.
- Poinsettia – This flower is known to be a Christmas star which you can often see in Christmas trees. It is red in color which is indeed a popular color on Christmas. However, you can also find other colors of this flower such as pink, white, or cream. It is best to grow it indoor because it prefers shade.
- Christmas Cactus – It produces flowers in different colors such as pink, white, purple, red, and yellow. It grows well in places with a tropical climate and can also flower any time of the year. You need to place it a growing area under a low-light condition for it to flower.
- Christmas Roses – It produces large flowers and grows under temperate climate.
- Mistletoe – It is a tradition to hang this plant in the entrance where a boy and a girl would kiss. This is a slow-growing plant that will take four to five years for a shrub to produce seeds.
- Holly – It produces white flowers, leathery leaves, and red fruits that can cause vomiting and nausea. It requires organic, moist, and acidic soil for it to grow well. Keep it away from winter sun and wind that can affect the growth of the tree.
There are plenty of flowers that you can use to celebrate Christmas. You should order the flowers ahead of time from a flower delivery company knowing that these flowers will surely be in demand for the season. However, you don’t have to over decorate your house with flowers because the spirit of Christmas can already be felt as long as you are with your family. Simple decorations can already make the season unforgettable.